SUSQUEHANNA TOWNSHIP SCHOOL DISTRICT
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17109
- Attend public meetings of the board.
- Attend board planning meetings or executive sessions.
- Prepare or approve contracts, upon request, entered into for the hiring of personnel or the purchase of supplies or services.
- Prepare or approve all advertising for the purchase of supplies and services.
- Prepare a resolution adopting taxes to fund the annual budget.
- Keep the board advised on recent legislation affecting school districts.
- Conduct all litigation on behalf of the school district.
- Conduct all tenure hearings and hearings involving expulsions and suspensions of students.
- Arrange for hearings involving home education programs (24 P.S.-13-1327.1 (k)).
The Solicitor should receive copies of board agendas, copies of all correspondence involving contractual obligations of the board or other matters on which may eventually require an opinion to be rendered.
Membership in the Pennsylvania School Boards Association and a subscription to the School Law Information Exchange published by the Pennsylvania School Boards Association shall be provided for the solicitor by the board of school directors.
The school solicitor should regularly be provided with copies of all administrative memorandums issued by the Department of Education or central administration.
All matters referred to the school board solicitor by any individual administrator or board member will be subject to review by the official board of school directors. All opinions requested by school officials or school board members shall be made a part of the official files of the school district.
Approved by the School Board – April 23, 1973
Amended by the School Board – June 8, 1987
Amended by the School Board – November 19, 2007