SUSQUEHANNA TOWNSHIP SCHOOL DISTRICT
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17109
1. Each pregnancy case as it comes to the attention of the building principal, nurse, or guidance counselor will be treated as a personal matter and the educational and physical needs of the student will be considered at all times.
2. Unless her health is endangered or unless her attendance in school interferes with the educational experience of herself or others, a pregnant girl will be permitted to continue her attendance at school until such time that a physician feels that this attendance should be terminated.
3. The pregnant student, upon the recommendation of the school physician or her private physician, shall be excused form the regular physical education class.
4. If it becomes necessary for the student to withdraw from school, a domestic certificate will be issued to those girls under sixteen years of age.
5. Permission will be given for the girl to return to school to complete her education when her doctor certifies that she is physically able.
6. Students will not be denied the privilege of participating in any school activity because of their marital or parental status.
Approved by the School Board – September 28, 1970
Amended by the School Board – June 8, 1987