Student Athletic Event Attendance
October 28, 2019
Athletic events within the Susquehanna Township School District are noted for tremendous school spirit and community engagement. We are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable environment for all fans and spectators. We seek your partnership in achieving our goal.
Parents/guardians are responsible for their conduct as well as the conduct of all students and guests brought to district-sponsored events.
This letter outlines our expectations for all attendees.
• Under District Policy #218, Student Discipline, the Student Success Manual/Student Code of Conduct applies at all athletic events, including those which take place at other institutions. Susquehanna Township students who are in violation of this Code of Conduct will be referred to district administration for possible disciplinary action.
• Students violating the Code of Conduct will face disciplinary action upon their return to school.
• Middle School students should not be left unsupervised at athletic events. They should be accompanied by an adult.
• Fighting is strictly prohibited at any Susquehanna Township School District event and is a violation of the law.
• The district reserves the right to remove from the premises any students, parents and/or guests engaging in behavior that endangers or disrupts the players, coaches, officials, or spectators; criminal charges may apply.
• Booing, taunting or deriding an opposing player, fan or a game official is unacceptable on any field or in any gym.
• Cheers, chants, signs, gestures or language that are obscene, mocking or derogatory are not reflective of the spirit that we promote and should not be exhibited by Susquehanna Township fans.
Please retain a copy of this letter. We should always represent our school community in a positive manner. We appreciate your support in making every Susquehanna Township School District athletic event safe and enjoyable.